Tuesday, January 02, 2007

bath time



So maybe - just maybe - this should be on the house blog...but it's taken up a good portion of my day today...and that merits a post here. I've been on the phone coordinating the resurrection of my great-grandparents' cast iron clawfoot tub. We have to take it to the fixture store this week to pick out fixtures (which are going to cost about 10 times what normal bath fixtures cost), then get it back for the plumbing rough-in in a few weeks. Then, we call the man who's going to refinish it, and he'll come get it and keep it for a few months (and charge me about 5 times what a regular bathtub costs). When the house is nearly finished, he'll bring it back and install it.

Long story short - when the house is finished, I'll be renting the bathtub out by the hour so I can pay for it. Book your bath now.


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could offer spa packages! ; )

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Yes, its expensive but also PRICELESS!!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Joy said...

I LOVE older-style bathtubs - it will be worth it!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Those tubs are great, nice and deep- you'll LOVE it!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

>Yes, its expensive but also PRICELESS!!

Henceforth that shall be known as an "Oxy-Martha" ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home