Tuesday, August 15, 2006

first



I was driving down Yates Mill Pond road this morning when I saw it...and my heart leapt. The first yellow leaf fell off a tree. My thoughts immediately turned to Saturday afternoon football games, cool breezes, crunchy leaves, brunswick stew, and FAIR FOOD! I can't wait...fall is my favorite time of year (OK...so it's a tie with winter...)

It's too bad that the thermometer is reading 90 degrees right now. Maybe I should just crank the air conditioner, put on a long-sleeved shirt, and find some NFL preseason. At this point it's the best I can do.

4 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I too feel the first affects of fall. Yesterday felt like the end of September. Is there hope?? Will it come?? You bet....but I think the fair is out for me this year :(

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

By football you mean fooseball..right?

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Joy said...

minus the football I couldn't agree more... that is unless we are actually the ones playing ;-)

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fair Food!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home