Tuesday, August 08, 2006

back to reality




What a fun week at the beach. I didn't get as bronze as I would have liked, but I didn't burn either, so I suppose I'm better off. The whole crew now knows the depths of my OCD. Who knew that you can, in fact, get to Oak Island via Myrtle Beach? Thanks to "Shark Week" on the Discovery Channel, I watched more shark documentaries than I care to admit, yet I still can't distinguish a bull shark from a great white. Good thing I know someone who has some shark books...

We certainly missed Sgt. John, but I think he had more fun defending the border (and getting himself into the paper 3 times).

All in all, it was a good vacation. I truly learned to appreciate the frozen burrito. Where else can you take a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day, stay up playing (and co-winning) Monopoly til 2:00 am, take a stroll on the pier at midnight, and hear all kinds of noises as you lay in bed trying to sleep. (that reminds me...Happy Birthday Rachael!)

OH - before I forget...someone's purple underwear got put in with my clean laundry. It's at my house if the owner wants to come claim it. And Joy, your blue clog-thingies are in my car.

We'll have to do it again. It really says a lot about this crowd that we all lived together for a week and are still on speaking terms. Sort of.

Maybe next year the ceiling in the boys' room won't leak...but what is a trip to the beach without some sort of problem with the house?

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Joy said...

It is amazing that everyone is still on speaking terms, perfect summary carroll! I have to say the midnight stroll down the pier was about my favorite, only followed by having seaweed thrown at me ;-)

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Sounds like you had fun! And who watches Shark stuff while at the beach? Don't you know better?
Jimmy is the best looking one in that group picture... He looks like shark bait in his orange shirt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home