Friday, July 07, 2006

what we do at work

Just thought you'd like to see some of the stuff we do around here. This is a bookcase that one of the guys built for one of our million-dollar-house clients.

First, the piece is built and dyed red (which I think is kinda cool by itself...)


Then, the piece is sealed and painted black...which is also gorgeous...



Then they do the rub-through...sanding away some of the black to distress the piece, leaving a finish like you see below.



Isn't that cool?!?

10 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one of these, where do you work and how much are they

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

nope...you have to tell me who you are and where you live...then we can figure delivery charge. I can tell you that there's a 30% markup for that particular finish...

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Yes, it looks like my piece is finally done. Just send it right over to my million dollar house. I'll be waiting on my front porch by the marble lions.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Joy said...

very cool

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

That is neat! Of course, if I had any type of talent, I'd just do it myself. Or I can just paint something and let the boys loose on it!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Goingintoalltheworld said...

That bookcase looks nice. I think I would pay, oh, about $50 for it. I might consider $75, if it came with some end tables or something.

Of course, my wife actually thinks that furniture is about decorating things, but I know better - bookcases are about holding up books as cheaply as possible.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whererere do you work anywayd?/???/

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Don't tell him/her/it!!! I KNOW your mom told you not to talk to strangers!!!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

(Like you would...)

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

aywayd?/???/

Run away Carroll...fast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home