Monday, February 06, 2006

When Squirrels Attack



There was a squirrel in the attic. Hannah and I both heard it. It was scratching around and sounded trapped. Being girls, we were not about to go up there. So we called John, who prides himself on being so big and strong, to come handle it. We closed off the entire hallway, and blocked up the kitchen door, since I've always had this fear that a squirrel would run down out of the attic.

John went up and banged around, and we heard the furry fiend scurrying around. John called down that he thought the squirrel had gone on out of the house. We began to breathe a sigh of relief. All of a sudden, John shouted, "Whoa! Look out! There he goes!" Something brown and furry flew down the stairs and hit my back.

I saw it on the floor. I panicked. I didn't want my feet on the floor, but there was no where else to put them. I tried to climb over Hannah to get out of the hall, but we couldn't get out. We were TRAPPED IN OUR OWN TRAP! All I could do is scream...until I looked at the squirrel again. It was eerily still on the floor. Then I heard John chuckling. He had thrown one of my aunt's old stuffed animals at me.

I'm gonna kill him.

15 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Joy said...

can i help? i have other reasons for wanting vengance. squirrels being hurled at people is only one of them

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

you're in. vengeance may not be swift, but it will be sweet. we'll keep you posted.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Wait. When you were trapped in your own trap were you wearing a bad mullet wig, fake accent, flimsey Burger King crown, ruling a country of 10, moat recently run completly dry, wearing midevil jeans, and not really know how to shoot a bow and arrow? If you can't answer yes to any of these questions...you ceartainly were not trapped in your own trap.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

None of those apply...but Hannah was dancing around in the background. Is that close enough?

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're welcome for giving you such a funny story that has probably been told 500 times so far today. if you have any other varmint problems dont hesitate to call.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Goingintoalltheworld said...

Rachael,
You forgot to add that you had to go into a room with only one door, seal that door, and then, when the dragon bursts in through the door, run out another door that magically appears at the other end of the room! Only then can you truly be "trapped in your own trap." Oh, and the dancing girl has to be Rachael to qualify - I swear it really is her. Watch the movie again, but slow down that scene.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

Hey "Squirrel Slayer,"
What's with the wierd map link?

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

I can dance WAY better than that. Ask Hannah, Carroll, and Joy. Especially to a Cuban beat.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Don't be hatin' on baby squirrels. They are cute and fluffy and sweet and like to bite. As for John..

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I know it wasn't scary at the time, but... I laughed anyway. Yeah, I'm such a nice friend. Way to go John for taking advantage of such a hilarious opportunity!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

what's with all this ghetto-speak coming from Martha lately?

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I'm not sure but I'm in counseling for it :)

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea, i didnt realize that www.idonthaveawesite.com is a real website. i would have thought it would be much more entertaining than a random map.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Goingintoalltheworld said...

Babyarnizzle,

Yo yo, like, check it. You gots to get that fixed. It's totally annoying. Fushizzle.

[Author's note: As you can tell, I have yet to master the ghetto-speak to the extent Marth has.]

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

No No I am much better at it than you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home