Monday, October 13, 2008

buies creek ball game



So Meredith invited me down to her alma mater to see the Campbell University Fightin' Camels take on the Butler Bulldogs. Let's just say that we were glad to see the team score a touchdown. It's no Wolfpack game, but we were off this week...so it was OK.

The Camels take the field. Check out the super high-tech fire extinguisher smoke...



I wish I had taken a picture of the press box. And by press box, I mean "trailer on a tall platform." Only in Harnett county...

Shortly after this play we heard Campbell's coach yell out "Come on boys! You're not in high school any more!"



Now, you know that Mr. & Mrs. Wuf and I are best friends and all...but I will say that Gaylord the Camel is much more accessable to the fans. He didn't even spit on me for wearing a Wolfpack shirt! I do think they should have a real camel at the games, like how Georgia has UGA and USC has the chicken on the sidelines (that's right...I said chicken). I mean, how cool would it be to get to see a REAL camel?!?



We kept waiting for a field goal to go out into Highway 421...but the net caught them all. Oh well...



On our way to Buies Creek, we stopped at Piney Grove for a few minutes for an Operation Christmas Child shoebox packing party. There is a couple there that buys shoebox stuff in bulk throughout the year. On Saturday, they hauled it all to the basement and people came for a packing party. They packed 863 shoeboxes. If you've never heard of Operation Christmas Child, check it out here. Take 5 minutes to watch the video. It makes me cry every time I see it. I think this is one of the most important mission projects that takes place in America. If you've never packed a shoebox, take a few mintues to put one together. It will change a child's life and you'll get an amazing blessing!



Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

Ya'll look like you could be twins!! And yes..... Operation Christmas Child is one of the best mission projects you could participate in. I can't wait to get started! Our box came today. And 863.... that is AWESOME. Praise God.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

You're funny, Martha. Meredith's mom thinks we look alike in the picture, too...which is kind of funny...since we're like, 5th cousins or something.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger mescarlett said...

Well I feel honored that I get the lead picture, ha! It is ironic how much of a similarity there is between us in that picture - very funny!

I was quite pleased getting to meet Gaylord - have been waiting my entire life, ha! Next I need to visit the Wuf family, ha!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

I heart that camel AND shoeboxes filled with goodies for kids!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Hannah E. Carson said...

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think you guys look alike. But then again, it could just be my failing eyesight.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

I don't really see it either. I mean, our sunglasses are similar...but that's about it...

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rofl i want a waffle

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Hannah E. Carson said...

Yeah, I was gonna say the sunglasses are similar but other than that...nope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home