Friday, February 01, 2008

unemployment

I spent the first few days this week being "officially unemployed," which was great. I got to sleep in, ride horses, and get thrown off of said horse. Let's just say Aari wasn't crazy about the cows. I hit the saddle horn as I made my dismount. There's a HUGE green and purple bruise in an undisclosed location.
In other news, I started my new job today. I was sad to leave the cabinet shop, but God has provided an awesome opportunity. I an now employed by an independent insurance firm that specializes in health insurance and HSAs for small to medium-sized companies. I don't have an office yet...so I'm using the desk of whoever isn't here at the time. I have a legal pad, a pen, and an email address. But hey...we all start somewhere. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be set up properly.
I think that's all of the exciting news so far. I'll keep you posted...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the new "chapter" in your life! Good luck with the new job! Miss ya!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Yay! Let me know how things are going for you in your new job!

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats -- I didn't even know you were changing jobs! Hope everything goes well!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger kareng said...

Hope you have a desk soon and can learn all you need to! Have a great day.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

And I know that you were smart enough during the early negotiations for this career deal that you had them put in a clause to supply you with weekly BCW's, right?

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

dangit! I knew I forgot something! Maybe I'll just make them for the office. That should get me an immediate raise...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home