Friday, September 08, 2006

season openers



This week marks the beginning of football. REAL football...where every game counts and the actual starters play. So begins the most wonderful time of the year. My beloved Wolfpack were able to trounce Appalachian last Saturday (sure they're a glorified high school team...but a win's a win).

The NFL's regular season started last night, and I am off to a smashing start (tied for second) in Fantasy Football, thanks to the Steelers' defense, for which I was mocked for taking so early in the draft.

And the best part is, I have a whole weekend of NCAA and NFL football ahead of me.

God bless it.


7 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

remind me, who is first in the league right now??

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

someone with a fat lip

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

You're almost as bad as Tommy. I better not catch you skipping church to go worship at the stadium!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Goingintoalltheworld said...

I'm a Wolfpack fan too, but I'm not sure that 36 passing yards really qualifies us to say we "trounced" App State.

Oh, and I'm excited. I didn't plan this, but it just so happens that the only hotel stay of our whole trip coincides with Philip's debut, so I can actually watch the game!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

whatever...I think that the Steelers rule!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Well, this is one post I can't really comment on, I know nothing of such things as football...

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Joy said...

i'm gonna win a nobel prize one day for diagnosing this football syndrome that y'all have...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home