Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ornaments



I so enjoyed putting up the tree yesterday. My favorite part is getting the boxes of ornaments out of the attic and hanging them on the tree. There are hundreds of them, yet they each evoke a special memory of a person, a place, or a time. Some were gifts from grandparents and relatives no longer with us, and some from friends that have moved away. There were quite a few that Mama cross-stitched, and several that John and I glued glitter on in kindergarten. We even found one from my friend Jennifer that I didn't know about...she brought it to me in the hospital last year...but I was so drugged I didn't remember it. So it was a nice surprise all over again! What's your favorite ornament?

7 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

I believe my favorite ornament is either one my mom got me for our first Christmas with two doves or the one that looks like baby arnie.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Something clear and sparkly that lights up.

-so John really does play with glitter huh?

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

He rolls in it. Says it makes him feel pretty.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger babyarnie said...

GROSS.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Joy said...

hannah, as does your picture which only recently joined the others on the wall ;)

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, thats a pretty accurate depiction of what happened, except spice never fell, and you can't hear her muttering racial slurs at me as i was thrown to the ground. how all of this is related to favorite ornaments, i'll never know, but in case you were wondering, the bobble head max ornament is my favorite.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

awwww!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home